iPhone- effectively an entire computer that happens to make phone calls. The idea for an iPhone was developed on a late morning in the fall of 2006, with Apple’s former CEO Steve Jobs assigning a task to about 200 of Apple’s top engineers to create a phone that will revolutionize the concept of Mobile phones and Steve Jobs successfully unveiled the first ever iPhone at the Macworld Conference and Expo in San Francisco in January 2007. Apple Inc has designed four generations of iPhone models since then, each accompanied by one of the four major releases of iOS.
The buzz around iPhone 5
The fourth generation of iPhone and successor to the iPhone 3GS iPhone 4 is the latest touch screen smart phone developed by Apple and designed by Jonathan Live. Moving on from iPhone 4, the 5th generation iPhone is expected to be globally released in US somewhere in mid-October 2011 according to several news sources but its release date still might be most buzzing topic among tech geeks. A lot of questions are ticking everyone’s mind whether the most awaited smartphone of Apple will have a completely new design with a larger screen or just be a slightly modified version of the iPhone 4 with enhanced parts and various tweaks.
iPhone 5 features at a glance
The excitement is building up largely among iPhone users for stunning iPhone 5, and features of the same are as follows:
- Storage Capacity: Apple is offering 16 GB and 32GB iPhone since 2009, so apple is aware this it would be hard push iPhone 5 without having 64 GB of storage. iPhone 5’s lowest model will come with 32G of space and 64G of memory.
- Signal Strength: Unlike iPhone 4, iPhone 5 is not having signal issue, as they are offering the strongest signal strength of any iPhone model ever even the best of any Smartphone to ever come to market.
- Face Recognition: The new iPhone 5 will have face recognition for security sake so that you don’t have to worry about other people stealing your phone and trying to use it.
Difference between iPhone 4 and iPhone 5
Apple has a strong traction in 3G market because of its fourth generation smartphone iPhone 4. Apple iPhone 4 created hype in the hand phone market when it was launched last year. Again Apple’s announcement of its 3G CDMA iPhone 4 brought a change to the technology media that was occupied during the 1st week of January this year with Android tablets and phones. Apple iPhone 4 is maintaining its lead position in the global market with its handy design and attractive display. There are some superficial differences in the fifth generation iPhone, when compared to iPhone 4, but it will continue to use a 3.5" Retina display, and will likely retain the full glass front and back with 8MP rear facing Camera. Some differences between both the models are:
- iPhone 4 supports 3G network whereas iPhone 5 is expected to support 4G-LTE network.iPhone 4 uses
- 1GHz Apple A4 chip which is a combination of ARM Cortex A8 CPU and PowerVR GPU, and 512 MB main memory while others have moved to higher speed dual core, dual channel dual main memory processors with more powerful GPU and 1GB RAM, the next Apple A5 processor will contain at least 1.2GHz dual core dual channel processor with an accelerated GPU and more than 1GB main memory.
- iPhone 5 is expected to give an extremely good multimedia experience with slightly larger screen at a higher resolution (HD or WXGA).
Steve Jobs resigns: What will Apple do with the iPhone 5?
CEO Steve Jobs resigns, the news which has on one hand created a stir in the world and on the other has left many wondering about how will this affect the launch of the iPhone 5? The only thing about the iPhone 5 that would seemingly change is the person who will announce it on stage at Apple’s fall event. And that person is believed to be Tim Cook who will be present for the Verizon iPhone 4 announcements for the next iPhone, bringing one amazing era to an end and usher in the start of another. All eyes on Apple's new CEO Tim Cook to dish out next recipe for success. The man who is APPLE itself, Steve Jobs and Apple stock go hand-in-hand and the reaction to his retirement has seen stock falling by 7%. July 26 saw a plunge in stock market value from $348 billion to $403.4.
iPhone 5 Launch
According to the reports assembly for the iPhone 5 has begun. Apple plans to release the Golden Master (”GM”) of iOS 5 to its overseas assemblers between September 23 and September 30 according to a report from AppleInsider .This would mean that iOS 5 — and the fifth-generation iPhone by extension – would be on schedule a mid-October launch.
The release of iOS 5 to assemblers in the last week of Sept. means its likely finalized hardware units for the new iPhone and it will begin to ship the gadget at the end of September. With an estimated 10 to 12 days for shipping, iPhone 5 is likely to be available by mid-October, Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo revealed.
Written By: Artika Shah